TheMoneyFarmer

Internet marketing is the greatest business opportunity that has ever overwhelmed mankind! I'm wading in, cautiously, and I invite you to learn from my successes and mistakes. In this blog, I'll share with you: * Things that produce money with reasonable effort * What didn't work for me, and may not work for you * Who I enjoy buying from/working with * Marketers I avoid, and why * What distracts me, and what I do to get focused * Nothing but the truth, as far as I can ascertain it

Friday, April 07, 2006

We need to keep learning!

I've come to the conclusion that there are about 25 basic Internet marketing lessons. (That's just a guess; I'll make a list for a future post, and see how close I got...:-)) But I have found I need to hear them (as in some "free underground recordings"), read them, and practice them, before I can say I KNOW them.

And many people ignore the fundamentals. Things like the basics of SEO (search-engine optimization). For example, when I see a website whose home page title (the line that appears at the top of my browser) is "Home Page," rather than a keyword associated with the site, I know that the webmaster is ignorant of important principles.

Or when I get a marketing email that's full of language like, "Many of you...," it's a turnoff. The marketer took the trouble to get my first name into the letter - but now they are addressing some crowd, not me sitting here reading my email all by myself.

So I read a lot, and listen to a lot (there's a lot of free internet marketing audio out there), because even if I've heard the lessons before, I need the repetition. And often, I learn something new, or get a new angle on things.

I was talking to an old friend this morning for the first time in a long time. I happened to mention that another friend was using a limited partnership to fund the construction of a very-high-end spec house (~$5 million costs, for a ~$15 million sale). He said, "Great idea! I'm going to borrow it for a project I've been thinking of!"

Bottom line: If you want to succeed in Internet-based business, you have to love learning!

Here's some great teaching you can learn from: Jeremy Gislason, whom I like, and Simon Hodgkinson, whom I don't have any experience of, have given me permission to send out a link to their free 3 hours of audio: http://tinyurl.com/mrd86

The messages include:
  • 1: How to become a successful affiliate marketer and how to run your own successful affiliate program!
  • 2: Entrepreneurial Mindset and Self Development Sessions
  • 3: How to Create & Promote Best Selling Products Online!

These talks are packed with useful information, and they are free.

Of course, they will have an upsell for you - they are marketers, after all :-) - but you are under no obligation to buy anything. And they will also invite you to share the free audios with others.

This is a great example of real value you can find for free on the Web - and a great way to build a relationship with people who will come back for more, remember you fondly, and eventually buy something from you. More than once.

By the way, if you are looking for specific information about any aspect of Internet marketing, please write to me at joel.orr@gmail.com, and I will do my best to find answers for you - and post them for the benefit of all my subscribers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home